World Brewing Academy Associate Program Scholarship
The World Brewing Academy is providing fully paid tuition (valued at over $9,000) in the three web-based training modules that form our WBA Associate Program. The scholarship recipient may take these three modules through the 2014 and 2015 course sessions.
All applicants must meet the regular admission requirements for this course. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of financial and technical need of both the applicant and the brewery. The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to not award this Scholarship.
The courses of the Associate program are:
- WBA Web-Based Raw Materials & Wort Production Course
- WBA Web-Based Beer Production & Quality Control Course
- WBA Web-Based Packaging & Process Technology Course
Application Procedures for the World Brewing Academy Associate Program in Brewing Scholarship
Applicants for the scholarship should complete and attach the regular application for admission for the course to which you are applying. Copies of the course application are available for download from our web site. A deposit is not required. In addition, attach an endorsement from your supervisor or brewery manager. If you are unable to obtain an endorsement, please comment as to why you are unable to do so.
Please provide a narrative on the following topics:
- Indicate your career expectations in the brewing industry and how you hope to further these expectations by attending this course.
- Describe your current position and provide additional information regarding your training and experience in the field of brewing.
- Provide details of any collegiate-level studies of brewing sciences, brewing-related courses, and any self-directed studies of commercial brewing technology.
- The deadline for submission of this application is June 30, 2014. All applications must be sent in print form by mail or courier to arrive by the deadline date.
- We will not accept scholarship applications sent via fax or email.
- Do not send your application using the US Postal Service Next Day Service. They tend to try to deliver after our normal business hours. Our office is open Mon-Fri from 9am to 5pm.
- If you send your package by courier, please use a reputable courier such as UPS, DHL or FedEx.
- The scholarship applicant is responsible for assuring delivery to our offices by the cut-off date and time. To assure delivery, you should use a courier that allows you to track the delivery of your package via the internet. Most courier companies offer this service.
- Due to the large volume of applications we receive, please do not contact us to inquire as to whether we have received your application. Your courier company should be able to provide delivery confirmation, whereas conventional mail will not assure deliver by the cut-off date.
Your completed application form, narrative as outlined above, and endorsement should be submitted to:
World Brewing Academy Associate Scholarship
c/o Siebel Institute of Technology
900 N. North Branch St Suite 1N
Chicago, IL. 60642