Ordering Yeast Cultures
Prices indicated are for single-unit purchases. For pricing information regarding purchase of Siebel Institute yeast on a regular basis, please contact Stéphanie Goineau at our Montreal order desk for a quote.
Any of the yeast strains described above can be provided as pure cultures. The following amounts are available:
Yeast Culture Slants
- Two duplicate cultures growing on agar medium in screw cap test tubes. Suitable for storage in a refrigerator to be propagated when desired.
- Suggestions for propagation will be sent along with the culture if requested.
- Allow at least 1 week for the culture to be grown and checked for purity in our laboratory.
Cost: US$ 133 / set
Propagated Liquid Yeast
- Yeast which has been propagated in our laboratory under sterile and growth enhancing conditions to a final stage of 10 liters. Yeast is concentrated to 1 liter or less, refrigerated, and shipped overnight (U.S. and Canadian destinations only).
- This amount of yeast is sufficient for further propagation at the brewery starting with a volume of about 1 Hl (about 1 barrel).
- Allow at least 2 weeks for the culture to be grown and checked for purity in our laboratory.
Cost: US$ 300 / 1L slurry