The Institute continues to focus on one basic theme as was published by Dr. J. E. Siebel in an ad in an 1893 Western Brewer.
He stated, "The object of the Institute is to promote the progress of the industries based on fermentation, which is done by instruction, investigation, analysis and otherwise."
The Siebel Institute of Technology and World Brewing Academy have been an important part of international brewing history for over 140 years, and we look forward to welcoming the future generations of brewers to our home in the heart of Chicago.
In 1882 he started a scientific school for brewers with another progressive brewer but the partnership was short lived.
Dr. Siebel did, however, continue brewing instruction at his laboratory. The business expanded in the 1890's when two of Dr. Siebel's sons joined the company.
With the repeal of prohibition in 1933 the focus of the Institute returned to brewing under the leadership of F. P. Siebel Sr., the eldest son of Dr. J. E. Siebel.
His sons, Fred and Ray, soon joined the business and worked to expand its scope.
The Diploma Course in Brewing Technology was offered and all other non-brewing courses were soon eliminated.
Then in October 1952, the Institute moved to its brand new, custom built facilities on Peterson Avenue where we have remained for almost 50 years.