Beer Barons of Milwaukee Pro Brewer Scholarship Fund
This scholarship will provide full tuition for the World Brewing Academy Concise Course in Brewing Technology or any one of the three modules from the WBA Associate in Brewing Technology Program conducted at Siebel Institute in Chicago. The scholarship may also be applied to the equivalent web-based classes offered by Siebel. The amount of the scholarship will be equal to the tuition of the class selected by the applicant if a lower cost course is chosen.
The Concise Course in Brewing Technology is an intensive program that covers every topic critical to successful brewery operations. The program is designed for brewers pursuing wider knowledge of professional brewing standards and techniques in order to advance their brewing careers as well as individuals planning to enter the brewing industry.
The Associate in Brewing Technology Program (part of the WBA International Diploma Program) is intended for those brewers who seek an in-depth understanding of a specific brewing discipline. The Associate Program consists of the following modules:
- Raw Materials & Wort Production
- Beer Production & Quality Control
- Packaging & Process Technology.
The Beer Barons of Milwaukee Pro Brewer Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of financial and technical need of both the brewer and the brewery. The final selection will be made by the Board of the Beer Barons of Milwaukee or their designees from the pool of eligible entrants.
The scholarship will be awarded to a professional brewer in the Midwest (i.e. Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan) for the purpose of attending the Siebel Institute of Technology Concise Course on Brewing Technology or a comparable course covering technical brewing material. This is for brewing staff only, not management or sales/marketing staff.
The Selection Committee reserves the right to not award this scholarship. The recipient of the Scholarship will have responsibility for all other costs.
Application Procedures For The Beer Barons of Milwaukee Pro Brewer Scholarship Scholarship:
Because the goal of the Beer Barons of Milwaukee Pro Brewer Scholarship is to enhance the Wisconsin and Midwest brewing community and its capability, it is only open to residents of the aforementioned states. Applicants for the Beer Barons of Milwaukee Pro Brewer Scholarship need to complete and attach a copy of the regular application for admission for the World Brewing Academy Course of their choice. The registration form can be downloaded from the here. Contact Siebel for more information.
- Must meet Siebel qualifications.
- Only professional brewers from Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan are eligible. Brewers from Wisconsin will be given some preference but it will not automatically be awarded to a brewer from Wisconsin.
- Describe your current position and qualifications, and your goals within the brewing industry.
- Please relate how the brewing course will help you meet your goals.
- Will your employer grant leave for your attendance at the course.
- Because the scholarship is based on both technical and financial need please be sure to address both of these issues.
- Application deadline is February 1st of each year.
Your scholarship application should be mail to arrive no later than February 1st to:
Beer Barons of Milwaukee
P.O. Box 270012 Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53227-0012