Doemens Academy Munich Campus
Doemens was founded in 1895 by the pharmacist Dr. Albert Doemens as a training center for the brewing industry, and has since built a worldwide reputation as an international training and service institute for the brewing, beverage, and food sectors. While primarily known for their German-language educational services, Doemens also offers English-language training both within their campus and in seminars held off-campus. The Doemens campus provides a complete practical brewing environment, allowing students the ability to apply their theoretical training in a real-world brewing environment in facilities that include:
- A pilot malting system
- Computer-controlled brew system
- Open & closed fermentation vessels
- Complete microbiology lab
- A Krones-designed bottle packaging line
The campus provides a large dining area where students can relax and enjoy their breakfast or lunch in the company of their fellow students and instructors. Students can also dine in the outdoor courtyard or take a short walk through tree-lined streets into town. Grafelfing is a scenic country village located just outside of Munich. The town offers a selection of restaurants and delicatessens to meet anyone's tastes, as well as a variety of stores and boutiques for those wishing to take home a reminder of their trip.
When students are not in class, they will find themselves surrounded by all the beauty that is Bavaria. The S-Bahn commuter train allows excellent access to downtown Munich, the heart of this historic state. Munich is rich with history, a showcase for centuries-old architecture and culture. Visitors can spend their nights and weekends in a wide variety of pursuits, including:
- Touring museums and art galleries featuring world-renown artists
- Photographing the stunning buildings & churches in old Munich
- Taking a leisurely walk through the numerous parks and public markets
- Dining at any of the thousands of restaurants and bistros featuring both German and international cuisine
- Enjoying a helles or weizen in one of the famous beer gardens and drink halls that pepper this world brewing capital.
Munich is also the rail gateway to Eastern and Western Europe, allowing easy day travel to cities and countries throughout the region. Visitors to Doemens can plan to take a few extra days to explore Europe in the comfort and efficiency of the Eurail system.
Doemens Academy is proud of its tradition of combining an unequalled educational experience with the warmth of Bavarian hospitality. Come and see why Doemens Academy is Germany's most popular brewing school.