We will be kicking off our 2021 in-person campus education at Siebel with the popular 2-week intermediate level WBA Concise Course in Brewing Technology on May 17, while being "cautiously optimistic" and positive for a return to some form of normalcy for the remainder of the year.
As we will be adhering to the recommendations of the City of Chicago, CDC and the IBHE for safe operations, students should expect to encounter some operational changes with more changes possible in the event we need to “pivot” for any impact from the virus and its variants during courses. We strive to create a comfortable and safe learning environment and work environment for all.
Requirements will include minimally the following:
- Masks must be worn the entire time within the building (masks must completely cover the nose and mouth) and we recommend following CDC guidelines outside of Siebel as well for safety
- Sign-in each day and be temperature checked for contract tracing purposes
- Maintain a 6 foot social distance space between others at all times. The classroom will be set-up with 6 feet of space around each seat, and if less than 6 feet but more than 4 feet, there will be a Plexiglas barrier between the tables.
- Sanitizer stations will be located in a number of locations throughout the space, and students will be encouraged to wipe down their tables regularly, and wash their hands/use hand sanitizer frequently
- Bathrooms will be wiped down periodically throughout the day and each evening
- There may also be the possibility of needing to conduct rapid 15 min virus tests for all (Note: those who have been vaccinated previously may be exempt from testing)
By following these very simple procedures, we expect to be able to conduct our classroom operations in a safe and responsible manner for not only our students, but our instructors and staff as well. We are all in this together!